Burton's Blog

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Why a Blog?

Hey, look! I created a blog today. I thought I'd write a quick post about why. First, I've recently discovered that a number of my friends have them. Second, it's seemed like a fun way to process what's happening in my life and what goes on in my brain while simultaneously keeping in touch with friends and updating them. That, of course, assumes that someone than me reads this. ;-) If you do and you find something interesting, please comment. That way, I'll know that someone has actually read it and is interested. And I'll keep rambling, rather than stopping as I glumly conclude that this was a silly idea and a waste of time.

One final reason for blogging: simply to explore a new technological and literary medium. It might come in handy in teaching at some point; I might want to create one for or with my students. Actually, I like the idea of creating a class blog with my students. We'll see if I continue to like that idea as I do this, but I am an English teacher after all. If it allows kids another opportunity to read and write, particularly in authentic communication, hooray!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger MM said…

    Hey friend! Just wanted you to know that I will read your blog! :) It looks like your sidebar should be easy to edit, since it has the little "Edit-Me" links. See if you can follow the directions there. If not, maybe we can do it together when you come up tomorrow. BTW, I really like the pink. I wanted to do that one... but when I started thinking about posting pictures of my two boys I decided not to. :)
    Blogging's kinda fun, isn't it?

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Hi! Thanks for reading and posting comments. Glad that you like the pink. I can understand why you didn't feel like posting pictures of your boys using this template, though. :-)

    Thanks for having me over today. It's always good to see you and your cute children (glad that Peter is okay!).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home