Burton's Blog

Sunday, August 13, 2006

A Little Glimpse of Heaven

This afternoon was wonderful. Not only was it a gloriously beautiful summer day--blue skies, few clouds, warm but not too hot sun--but we had a church picnic and first ever outdoor baptismal service at North Beach. Wow! It was a blast. It was a great day for a picnic, a wonderful beach day (I did go swimming after getting nice and toasty warm sitting in the sun--the water was refreshing), and the baptismal candidates' testimonies were all really encouraging. Even more encouraging, one of my college friends and her husband were in town. I'd been praying for him, and it turns out that he became a Christian and got baptized recently. He shared his testimony, too. That was really fun to hear.

I love it when the Lord is kind and says "yes" to my prayer requests. :-) It's always a nice reminder that He really is listening, and that my prayers really are "powerful and effective" in Christ (partial quote from James 1, I think). Plus it's always fun to hang out with my church family.

I also had a nice time connecting with my roommate on the drive there, back, and during dinner (we went out for Chinese). We've been busy and going in different directions this week--or tired and a bit anti-social--so it was nice to connect and catch up. What a great day--a nice foretaste of the joy of heaven--just enjoying the Lord and what He's done and enjoying my brothers and sisters in Christ. God is so good.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger MM said…

    Yeah, it was an amazing afternoon. Especially Doug and Will's testimonies... seeing how God has fulfilled long awaited desires of repentance and faith.

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    Welcome to the Blog world!!!

    I had a blast at the beach too... It felt like one BIG FAMILY REUNION..!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home