Burton's Blog

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Never a dull moment. . .

Well, as the title of this post suggests, several notable things have happened, are happening, or will happen. Come to think of it, they're all notable events in the lives of people I care about rather than in my life. Still, since I care about the people involved, they do affect me. So here they are:

1. Yesterday I went to visit a friend. While I was there, her older son requested a peanut butter sandwich for lunch. Since I was there (i.e.--since she wasn't alone in the house with the boys), Mary-Margaret decided to give her younger son peanut butter for the first time. Turns out that he is allergic to peanut. He developed a nasty rash, and we had a few minutes of concern that it would get worse and she'd have to call 911. Fortunately, the Lord was very gracious and he never had trouble breathing at all. In addition, Benadryl helped. :-) For more details, including pictures, you can click on the "Mary-Margaret's Mutterings" link in my sidebar. Hey, I also gained valuable diaper-changing experience and if I ever need to know what said peanut allergy rash looks like. . . now I know. ;-)

2. My mom and stepdad are moving. They're moving from one town in Ohio to another. I recently learned from my mom that they're moving to a college town, and that Paul Newman graduated from the college (I think my mom is hoping to see him sometime!). I don't really know where it is--I need to look on a map. Anyway, I hear from her more often as she sorts through stuff and wants to know if I want a particular item.

You know, it's a little weird to think that when I go home for Christmas, I will have to find their home. I'm beginning to think that (here on earth) home is where your parents are and/or wherever you happen to live at the time. Probably the main way it will affect me is that I'll now have to drive about 40-45 minutes longer to get there from here. *sigh* It was already a very long drive. . . all the more reason to stop at my cousin Holly's place to visit on the way and spend the night and break up the trip. :-)

3. Recently my sister Kara married David, who is in the Air Force. Then they moved to Alaska because he was transferred there from Dayton. Tonight when my mom called, she said that David is going to be deployed. Apparently it won't be 'til February or later in the spring. I hope it's a bit delayed; it'd be nice for them to be married for a year at least, I think, before he has to leave. Anyway, the news made me rather sad, even though it wasn't terribly surprising. Here's hoping he get deployed somewhere relatively safe like Germany or safe and exotic like Japan. Perhaps it's too much to ask that he won't end up in Iraq or Afghanistan. . . it's good to be able to trust in the Lord at times like that. I know that wherever he goes, the Lord is in control and will be glorified and can use it for good in both David and Kara's lives. Or perhaps it's just a good reminder to pray for them. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home